Tuesday, March 17, 2009

He's a natural


Caleb has been asking all winter to go skiing. He watched as his brothers geared up and went out. He would sit at the window and watch them ski or try to follow them in his winter gear. We are loosing all our snow so I thought I'd better get him out or I would here about it all summer. The big boys went on a hike while we set out for Caleb's first skiing experience. Of course to every beginner it looks easier than it is. I can still remember the tears of Ridge and Brock when they were learning. They wanted to tackle the biggest hills and couldn't even stay standing. I was ready this time. I put on my "fuzzy gloves" and was prepared for the drama. I was amazed that it only took 3 tries to get the skis clipped on. He fell a couple of times and learned really fast how to stand up. So I loaded Cooper into his sled and off we go. It was too easy, I should be a ski instructor. I was basking in my glory, pulling Coop in his mushing sled, skiing side by side with my new skiing buddy. I was set for the day. Just as the sun started to shine and the birds started singing, Caleb went for about 200 yards and then said he couldn't ski any more. He was to sore. I just started giggling. How can he already know that excuse? We had more time in getting dressed than in ski time. It think this is what is known as "baby steps." I took off his skis and off he went, with the agonizing pain seeming to go away with every bound. Maybe next time we will make it 400 yards.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Too Funny! Those boys are sure cute & quite full of it, who do they get that from? Mom or Dad? I'm betting on dad!

Grandma 'D' said...

Obviously, Crystal needs to get to know MOM a little better. I love your blog and the boys are little cuties! Kisses to them from the weird cousin-in-law in Milford!