Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the best birthday present ever


My guys wanted to do something special for my birthday this year. They know I love their handmade gifts. It is so sweet of them to put so much work and effort and thinking into the perfect gift that would make me happy. The boys have worked in the shop for the last 2 weeks. They have carved, glued, nailed, used the band saw, and drill. This is what they made for me. It weighs about 10 lbs. They wanted to put it in the living room but luckily it didn't come with legs. I talked them into the fact that it would make a great bird feeder. So this spring we will place it in the garden. This is a gift that only a mother could love and appreciate. I love my boys. It makes me happy that they love me too.

2 comments:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

I can't wait for a gift like that. You are one lucky mom to get such an original. Happy Birthday!

Hansen Family said...

Kim - it is great to be back in touch! It looks like your kids really love you!