Sunday, February 15, 2009

Glitter bomb

I use performance enhancing glitter. There, I said it. Now the whole world knows. I might be stripped of some awards and titles now, but I could no longer bare this burden. I had to confess, and after yesterday, the cat is pretty much out of the bag. I only use it to sound better. When I play, I'm not that great. I'm still "perfecting my talents", so I needed that extra edge. When I use glitter everyone is overcome by the glow, not the mistakes. "Wow, she's not bad". No I'm crappy. it's the glitter, not me. I keep my little vile hidden where no one thinks to look and no man dares tread. The makeup bag. The following events have lead me to reconsider my use of performance enhancing glitter.
We had to get the whole family to the Dome by 7:30 am. We are an hour away. You can only guess what kind of morning it was. I thought a real time saver would be putting on my face in the car. If I could only go back. We get on the road and everyone went back to sleep so I bring out the face lift kit. I notice a trace of sparklidge on the zipper and think, hum that's weird. As I unzip I start to see more glitter. Not to big of a deal. As I start to brush and paint, I look at my fingers. What the! where is it coming from. then I see my little bottle with no lid. This can't be good. If you have tried to get rid of glitter you, can't. The fan, no. Brush, no. Window, no. Wet wipes. no. So here I am, glitter hands and all, I look down, my pants are covered in glitter. Upper deck, neck, face, hair, dashboard. It didn't really seem that bad until I was under the big lights. You could see a glitter trail coming down the stairs. From cross court you could see Ridge and Brock sparkling. Shane draining the three never looked more glamorous. There was a dazzling police outline of the babies on the bleachers. I looked like I was dancing at half time. I was just waiting for the tap on the shoulder, "excuse me miss, you're on now." I looked fabulous. When we came home I did my best to de-glitterfy. I have a sparkling counter top where I set my clothes and a glowing shower floor. Even after cleaning, today I look over at Shane in sacrament, the whole side of his face, sparkling. Brock had to sing in Sacrament. He sounded so good, or, was it the glitter? After the last 2 days I'm not saying I will never use glitter again, but I am considering it. Maybe I can find a better container.
Confessions of a performance enhancing glitter user.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You seriously should consider becoming a writer... or maybe I'm just overcome by the 'performance enhancing glitter'! Either way, you are so stinkin' funny, and I LOVE reading your blog (and I really need some of that glitter)!!!

Rachel said...

I think I've said this before--I'm laughing my butt off. I can only imagine how beautiful & glowing you all must have been.

Heather said...

great story, and incredibly fantastic writing skills. BUT...where are the pictures? Oh, how I need to see pictures of this stuff!!!

Grandma 'D' said...

Gotta love Glitter...funny stuff, your writing. Keep em' coming. I just keep seeing Shane's glowing face, what a sight that must've been.