Wednesday, February 11, 2009

not enough crack

Plumbing. I can't find the picture of Shane doing plumbing. I know he deleted somehow, whether through thought or prayer, it's unknown. Anywho, he doesn't have enough crack to get the big jobs done, I "had" the picture to prove it. I needed a sink fixed. waited and waited. No fixie. I called in a real plumber. Not good. He fixed it. But for the 1 hr he was at my house it cost $250. The faucet only cost $40. You do the math. Now that's the way to make money. I needed some more work done it the bathroom. After I invited the last plumber over, Shane decided he would fix my toilet. It kept running. That was all I needed fixed. Well, Shane changes the handle, the float, and the shut off valve. All worked and I was amazed, until. BANG. We heard this loud noise. He asked, "was that you?" I replied with, "no, I thought it was you." After searching for the noise we found that the toilet tank had cracked from the handle down to the inlet supply. Now I'm not pointing any fingers, but isn't that just where Joe plumber had his tools? Problem, nope, not if you have a lot of caulk on had. Luckily for me, we just happened to have a mother load supply of caulk. It works, just don't be in a hurry when you use the upstairs commode. I think that if Shane had a bigger crack, he'd be a better plumber. At least now I get a new toilet. Shane's installing it, what could go wrong?

3 comments:

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Maybe Shane should carry some sort of special plumbing insurance...he, he. Actually, I think it's just a husband thing. Dustin once tiled my entire shower, just to have to rip it out and start over.

Grandma 'D' said...

That is hilarious! That is what good crack does to you. Maybe you could get him a jumpsuit...

Freeman Family said...

You are hilarious!!!